As a part of JAG Educate’s social initiative, “Leaders of Change- Disrupting disparity with education”, we are happy to announce that the selection process for the students has started. This initiative is a joint collaboration of JAG educate and Hopes and Smiles to provide training to deserving (but constrained) undergraduate students in their pre-final or final year.
JAG Educate, the highest student rated test prep for MBA, MS and other programmes, will finance and provide free coaching/training to the selected students under this programme. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who would act as volunteers for this initiative.
What is in it for you?
- The obvious part: Preparing for a bright career under the mentorship of the best trainers in the state.
- Opportunity to interact with some of the best minds in the world including alumni of top B-schools such as London Business School, IIM-A/B/C, University of Virginia- Darden, Indian School of Business Hyderabad, IE Spain and others.
- Directly contribute to the society by training and mentoring underprivileged students.
- And of course, it goes without saying that the experience will be a great addition to your resume.
(The training programme will focus on tests for MBA programmes such as ones at ISB, XIMB, IMT, Symbiosis etc., and Global programmes such as at Harvard, Stanford, HEC, INSEAD, etc.)
What are we looking for in you?
- Undergraduates (Preferably in the Final or Pre-final year of the study)
- Highly self-motivated and driven
- Academically good, extra-curricular wise awesome
- Passionate about giving back to the society
- Confident about communicating with the students and also eager to help them
What would be expected of you?
- Taking classes of underprivileged students assigned by ‘Hopes and Smiles’ (once or twice a week) at JAG’s centre in Patia.
- Acting as a mentor to these students beyond classroom teaching.
- Carrying out certain number of events with the partner organisation such as Hopes and Smiles.
The selection process will be conducted in the following steps:
1. Fill out the form provided in the website.
2. The short-listed candidates will be informed and need to come down to JAG Educate’s office for a brief interview.
3. The students selected through this interview will join JAG and Hopes and Smiles as volunteers.
P.S: - Students from economically underprivileged background will be given preference during the short-listing process.
People interested in doing more than just making thier own career can register here for an opportunity to volunteer for some heart warming work for those who may need it the most.